Welcome to an old website of Andrew Lietzow, who enjoyed the Real Estate sales and listing business for collectively 12+ years. During that time, I earned several designations, including GRI, SRES, CRS, 203K Specialist, and in July 2012, passed the Brokers License test on the first sitting.
- On January 24, 2013, I "put my real estate sales license on ice"
- Since accepting responsibilities as Executive Director of Two Rivers REIA of Central Iowa (which I founded in Oct. 2006) and the Iowa Landlord Association, Jan 1, 2012, I have discovered it was impossible to perform both jobs well. It became a choice between "gambling on my real estate business" vs. serving 350 members of these two associations.
- I concluded my true passion was with serving the members of these two associations, and since life is short we truly must follow our passion.
- I was an excellent agent many times -- with one 90-year old investor telling me I was the best he'd ever worked with in Des Moines. I loved working with both owner occupants and investors alike, to help each client reach their goals. But, it got to the point where I could not properly serve the needs of both clients and association members. "You can't be all things to all people", so it was time. In fact, it was passed time. I probably waited too long.
- Should you want more information about either of these two associations -- check out the website at www.IaREIA.com
I truly appreciated the confidence placed in me over the years from nearly all of my Real Estate clients. For one two-year stint, I never took a listing that did not sell in the initial 6-month term (when the client listed it in the range advised). That was a source of deep satisfaction for clients who owned those 24+ houses.
It was time to start the next chapter.
The Short Sales focus left a little something to be desired toward the end, with the BIG BANKS controlling everything and basically wanting RE Agents to work for them for free, but the lessons learned positioned me to tackle some really big challenges for my clients. I helped several avoid foreclosure and even became a "Bankruptcy Petition Preparer" for a brief time, long enough to learn a lesson that performing that service, for a mere $150 (the maximum allowed for a BPP in Iowa -- wasn't really worth the trouble.
In the end, the Golden Rule is "The man with the Gold makes the rules", so I think it was the BIG BANKS that made me think, "Insanity is doing the same thing, in the same way over and over again, and expecting different results", thus ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you're interested in investing in Real Estate through a partnership or a joint venture, feel free to contact me at Andrew.Lietzow@IaREIA.com I work on wholesaling, lease options, Tenants-in-Common investment opportunities, buy-fix-and-hold, and buy-fix-flip transactions.
Life is more fun when you work with those in whom you can trust -- and 98% of the time, I met that standard. In the future, I expect to return to my usual 100%, because I won't be answering to big banks.